Rough Guides was found in 1981 by a recent graduate, Mark Ellingham, who couldn't find a suitable travel guide for his trip to Greece. He and a few friend set about writing a guide and 20 years later they now publish a range of travel guides to more than 200 destinations.
They also publish:
- Dictionary phrasebooks to 22 major languages
- History guides ranging from Ireland to Islam
- Maps printed on rip-proof and waterproof Polyart™ paper
- Music guides running the gamut from Opera to Elvis
- Restaurant guides to London, New York and San Francisco
- Reference books on topics as diverse as the Weather and Shakespeare
- Sports guides from Formula One to Manchester United
- Pop culture books from Lord of the Rings to Cult TV
- World Music CDs in association with World Music Network
There are currently no products to display in this category.