It’s finally reached that time of year in the UK when we all dash outside for a couple of days of sun, optimistically proclaiming that “this is probably all the summer we’ll get”…and the amount of sunburn I see from people who should know better by now amazes me every year!
I’m fair skinned and blonde, and learned many years ago I burn very quickly (10 minutes in the South African sun gave me a glowing pink scalp) even aside from the obvious skin cancer and premature ageing risks to my skin, so a good sunscreen is my best friend! I started looking for a more natural alternative as all ‘mainstream’ suncreams, even the very expensive ones, give me painful heat rash wherever my skin touches – inner elbow, back of the knees etc – even when it’s not that warm. My mother suggested I try a natural suncream after she had the same issues, and we were thrilled to find it worked without any skin irritation!
Natural sun care you’ll love:
We have several great natural, cruelty-free, preservative-free brands here at Natural Collection, so you’re sure to find the suncare to suit you:
- JASON have a range of high SPF sunscreens including a handy facial spray, all free from parabens, SLS, petrolatum, phthalates and artificial colours.
- Lavera’s moisturising and calming natural After Sun Lotion heals and hydrates skin that’s had too much sun, and is free from all synthetic preservatives.
- Fair Squared give us fantastic Fairtrade options with their Facial Aftersun Cream to keep skin soothed, and nourishing Olive Oil Sun Cream to care for your skin every day.
- Green People have a range of options with scent free SPF30 sun lotion, Hydrating Aftersun, and there’s even a great sun lotion with tan accelerator to keep you looking bronzed!
- The Green People Children’s SPF25 lotion has calming lavender and aloe vera, suitable for the fairest and most sensitive of young skin.
- Burt’s Bees Aloe After Sun Soother helps soothe skin quickly and easily, packed with natural ingredients to care for skin without any sting.
Don’t forget the travel sizes:
Perfectly sized for the 100ml liquids carry-on restriction if you’re flying, or just handy for keeping in a handbag, Green People travel sizes mean you can be protected wherever you go.
We’d love to hear what your favourite natural suncare is – let us know your favourites and your tips for this summer!