Bambu was founded by Jeff Delkin and Rachel Speth. For nearly 20 years Bambu’s mission has been to reduce the use and reliance on plastic by providing people with beautiful, non-toxic products made from nature. Bambu produce a range of affordable and earth-friendly products for the kitchen and home such as utensils, bowls, straws, trays, cutting boards and many more. All their products are both distinctive and contemporary and made from renewable materials.
Bambu’s products are made in China where all materials are sourced locally. They also work with local woodworkers, weavers and stitchers to hand make their products. Bambu’s products are handcrafted so that they are safe and durable that will last and can withstand even the toughest use.
Continue reading Brand Story: Bambu
Charlotte Vøhtz was a pioneer for the organic skin care industry when she launched her beauty brand Green People back in 1997, but it was on turning 50 that she started to formulate her signature Age Defy+ by Cha Vohtz range, to address the needs of mature skin.
Here she guides us through the most effective organic ingredients for building a natural, anti-ageing summer night skin care routine.
Continue reading How to Build an Organic Summer Night Skin Care Regime – Green People
FLUX was founded in 2017 by Paige Fashoni. FLUX’s mission is to allow women to ‘re-think their periods’ by making functional underwear for periods, leaks and stains.
Every pair of FLUX looks and feels like normal underwear. Their underwear is reusable, washable and has been designed to completely replace disposable tampons and pads.
FLUX underwear is designed in the UK and made ethically all over the world. Their underwear is made by two family run manufacturers with over 50 years’ experience. In total, 70% of Flux’s underwear is made in China and the remaining 30% is produced in the UK. The factories that FLUX works and partners with undergo extensive audits, they are also ISO (International Organisation and Standardisation) and BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative) approved.
Continue reading Brand Story: FLUX
GoodWeave’s vision is a world that is free of child labour. Established 25 years ago, GoodWeave consists of an award-winning team of business-minded experts and advocates for social change dedicated to ending child labour, forced labour and bonded labour in global supply chains.
GoodWeave primarily operate within the rug industry but have now expanded to home textiles, apparel and fashion jewellery.
They work to lead an overall reduction in child labour as well as the freedom and education of these children. The holistic approach that they have aims to heal and educate children who have been exploited, whilst also underlying the root causes.
Continue reading Brand Story: GoodWeave
Nomads is a contemporary Fairtrade clothing brand in which everything produced is made with natural and organic fibres. Along with this, Nomads celebrates great design and traditional artisan techniques.
Nomads’ mission is to prove that it is possible to live a stylish, sustainable life by creating high quality and long-lasting clothing. They also wish to increase the awareness of the need to shop responsibly.
Nomads has been creating ethical and Fairtrade clothing for over 30 years. Its founders Duncan and Vicky met in India where they fell in love with the culture and decided to invest in their first selection of Fairtrade handicrafts. This was the starting point for their now lifelong relationships they have with the artisan producers and Fairtrade factories in India. They now design and create contemporary clothing that is 100% ethically produced and celebrates artisan skills. Nomads strives to use the best quality natural fibres and environmentally friendly processes with their clothes designed to last.
Continue reading Brand Story: Nomads