This is a rich chocolate ice cream, wonderfully flavoured with orange and cinnamon. The trick to the deep flavour is to use a bar each of our favourite Divine Orange Milk Chocolate and Dark Chocolate.
- 275ml milk
- Half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large egg yolks, from free-range organic eggs
- 50g unrefined organic caster sugar
- 100g Divine Orange Milk Chocolate
- 100g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- 200ml double cream, well-chilled
Serves 4 to 6.
1. Put the milk and cinnamon in a medium pan, heat gently until it’s almost boiling and stir well. Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
2. Meanwhile, put the egg yolks and sugar into a heatproof bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon. Pour on the heated milk and mix thoroughly. Add the milk mixture back into the saucepan. Heat gently, stirring constantly over fairly low heat until the mixture thickens – do not let the mixture boil or it will curdle. Remove the pan from the heat.
3. Break up the chocolate into chunks and put into a large heatproof bowl. Pour over the hot custard and stir gently until mixed and smooth. Leave to cool then cover and chill.
4. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks then fold in the cold chocolate custard mixture.
5. Pour into an ice cream maker and churn until frozen, or you can freeze the mixture in a freezer container, stirring occasionally until firm.