Packed with energy-boosting essential nutrients, just a couple of teaspoons of our favourite Aduna Baobab superfruit powder in your breakfast smoothie, juice, yoghurt or porridge can help with that Christmas overindulgence. It’s a great source of antioxidants, vitamins & minerals too, great for your skin (New Year’s Eve party anyone?), immune system and general health. Continue reading Baobab – the natural hangover cure?
Have you heard about amazing baobab?
Baobab is a 100% natural, nutrient-dense raw wholefood, which is a rich source of vitamin C, calcium, potassium and thiamin. It’s also almost 50% fibre and has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any fruit in the world! Aduna bring us this fantastic fruit in powder form, easy to add to almost any recipe (and their superleaf moringa is also worth a try; more on that later!)
So why do we need its health benefits? Maintaining a healthy immune system is important because it helps your body defend against infections and illnesses.
- Thiamin, calcium, vitamin C and B6 contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
- Vitamin C and B6 contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Thiamin contributes to the normal function of the heart.
- Potassium contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure and muscle function.
- Vitamin B6 contributes to the regulation of hormonal activity.
- Vitamin B6, vitamin C and thiamin contribute to normal psychological function.
- Vitamin C and calcium contribute to an increase in iron absorption.
- It’s also high in fibre, which helps you feel fuller for longer.
In spring and summer we love refreshing smoothies for breakfast but sometimes sipping through a straw doesn’t feel quite as satisfying as eating with a spoon. Enjoy the new trend for ‘smoothie bowls’ – and it’s fun to decorate them with toppings too. This simple, summery recipe has just a few ingredients, so it’s quick to make and you can get out and enjoy the summer. With its light, citrus flavour you’ll love the baobab superfruit powder and find yourself adding it to everything.
2 tsp Aduna Baobab Superfruit powder
1 frozen banana
6 frozen strawberries
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or powder
1/2 cup of your milk of choice
A handful of fresh fruit of your choice: blueberries, strawberries, banana, and 1 tsp of your choice of milk (for topping)
Combine your milk, vanilla, the baobab powder, frozen strawberries and banana in a blender and process until smooth. Top with your choice of fruit and drizzle with the milk. You can also enjoy this as a traditional smoothie with a straw if you’re on the go. Just be sure to relax and enjoy the health benefits!